That Good Raw Life. Hazardous If Approached Wrong.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Ghostbuster The Video Game

If it was not for the allure of video games who knows what my shy younger self would have been doing back in the day, so I've decided to do a segment everytime I get the chance to rent or buy a game I've been dying to play. I have no wish to review everything out there, but only the select few that catch my eye, and transport me back to the times when all I needed was a big screen, some snacks, and a lazy summer day.
I'm not supporting any one console with the above picture

A-
I finally had the enjoyment of experiencing The Ghostbuster video game. Didn't this come out this summer you ask? Yes, but since I can't yet take the 360 my brother and I share yet, it would be extremely wasteful of sixty dollars to buy a video game. I also can't afford the side effect of mass procrastination. I digress though, Terminal Reality hits almost every point on the head with this Ghostbusters video game adaptation.

From the first time you start to move around during the tutorial and fire off your proton ray, a smile is to be had by any person who is a fan of the movie. Things begin to really pick up speed right after the tutorial is done with the introduction of ghosts, ghouls, and monsters in large numbers, or just large. Everyone knows Stay Pufts comes up in the game, so I'm not gonna spoil the fun of how soon the big loveable destroyer comes on screen. Not only does the quantity of adversaries present entertaining fights, but the inclusion of backstories, and also cursed artifacts in each level create for great adventure game as well as a shooter that makes for a good less serious shooter.

Main gameplay wise, Ghostbusters plays similar to that of Gears of War, but with a laser cannon instead of a chainsaw equipped gun. Many would expect that the proton pack would play a large role, and those individuals would expect right. A player does not have to count on just the proton laser as times begin to get a little rougher down the road, but have three other settings than the regular one everyone knows and loves. I'm not gonna get into all that, just know that it is worth it for how short the game is. I almost had it done within 4 days if not for having to leave the blessed 360. All in all though the worst thing is not the shortness of the game, being that gameplay begins to get a bit tedious by the last level, but your partner's AI is severely lacking the I part. Players will find themselves having to revive them more times that one would expect too.

No comments: