That Good Raw Life. Hazardous If Approached Wrong.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Finer Points on Higher Learning

Fahrenheit 1/15 Part II: Revenge Of The Nerds by chp_2k.

Props to chp_2k

Today I had the opportunity to witness the lazier population of the Georgia State student body. Maybe I am among the nerdy category of Hollywood stereotypes, but I do know I have a natural enjoyment from gaining any type of knowledge possible. Even though this is true, I’ve never given enough time to any type of study behavior. I would return home, spend the minimum amount of time on homework, then quickly approach the game system of the time, and continue to take massive amounts of time in the virtual world, but who didn’t do that grade school through high school?

Studying for last law school exam by John Althouse Cohen.

Props to John Althouse Cohen

I’ve quickly learned from this year solely that this approach is not possible in school due to the simple fact of not truly being able to pick it up first go around without much outside work. On the one of the numerous other sides of the learning spectrum where a student does all the work possible while not truly learning anything, and never being able to apply their-selves outside of the classroom. This category of students is what I call the perfect failure. Even though they are able to get the highest grades in school, they never do anything associated with classes that isn’t going to be tested upon. This behavior leads to the same exact outcome as the habits that I exhibit.

Lecture Hall by C. Barabanov.

Props to C. Barabanov

To make the best out of the academic aspect of college, it is necessary to never fall short of the expectation of professors. In the words of my father, “Don’t half ass it son.” If a teacher expect you to read a chapter, read one at least and more if possible. If not don’t expect to study the things guaranteed to be on the tests. Six chapters cannot be covered within thirty questions in the least, but the best possible strategy to combat such things is to pick up the key aspects. You can never fail with that. At least I hope because that is what I plan to do for now on. Wish me luck.

No comments: