That Good Raw Life. Hazardous If Approached Wrong.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Remind Me in 3 Days....



I'll be the first to tell you that I've been waiting for this album since I first heard "Bang Bang"(their second single), and since they didn't release as much mixtape and other material like many others these days, I found myself listening to the same Knux tracks over and over again. You may think this makes me bias, but if we are gonna talk why I may be bias lets me also say that they are New Orleans natives also. That is not what makes me interested in the Knux though, it was their heavy guitar riffs or their break beat influenced beats. This album takes us back to a time when not only was all of the album produced by one person, but when the actual artists created their own music similar to that of rocknrollas(sorry I'm really ready to see that movie). Every track has the same feel which is good because, in my opinion the main reason why cds flop now a days is due to consumers only liking one of two singles and the album not being similar enough to be liked by a majority of a population. The Knux have accomplished to give the same feel on each song, but change it up enough to be a whole nother experience. Not just saying this to say this, but the album follows that of a night at a club and the roller coaster ride that may be, from the Line, to the parking lot to the bedroom the morning(afternoon) after(literally). I very much suggest this album to all readers out there looking for new great classic music. A must buy(support good music people).

No comments: