That Good Raw Life. Hazardous If Approached Wrong.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Man Bites Dog

When you think of a Mockumentary, you mostly think of comedies such as The Office, but if you go in thinking "Man Bites Dog" is a comedy, you are in for one hell of a surprise. Instead of following some comedic characters around on their regular day, the "crew" follows around a lunatic murder and robber on his normal day while he did his work. "Man Bites Dog" has all the makings of a great film. The acting in this film is believable to the point that a multitude of viewers(me being one), had a hard time believing that it was actually fake till the very end of the film. Never once did I ever feel the need to take a bit of a break from watching, but it is that intense. Trust me when I say, it is not for the faint of heart, and if you feel uncomfortable watching certain things with violent, sex, and rude humor, this contains all three.

One of the things that make this film so creepy and disturbing is the ability to believe that the lead actor, Benoit Poelvoorde, is actually a lunatic criminal. From his awkward humor, body shape, facial features, to his egotistical attitude all combine to create a memorable and classic character. I swear if I was ever to see him walking down the street I would piss my pants. Even looking at him in behind the scene pictures and interviews it was still a little bit scary.

All in all check it out, if you think you can.


Musical counterpart

Sticking to the brutal and hard to take I bring you Rosco P. Coldchain's  "There Will Be Blood". If you have ever been a fan of the Clipse, then you have heard of Rosco P. Coldchain on two of their best songs(at least to me) where he absolutely kills it, and on this mixtape he does the same on every track.

No comments: