That Good Raw Life. Hazardous If Approached Wrong.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Great Hangover Lives Up To Name

Like most concerts I didn't have much expectations other than material I've already heard from headlining artist of Asher Roth and Kid Cudi. For Bobby Ray, I've already known he could shut down any venue in the world since I've seen him at Apache Cafe, and it was the same in Atlanta's Tabernacle. Sadly I didn't make to the show in time to catch Pac Div, but I'm sure I have much more time to see them perform at even bigger shows.
One of the best things exhibited with this show was the wide range of talented growing artists in the hip hop community. Bobby Ray features a much more soulful sound than his other classmates, while Cudi's moon man sound differs greatly from Roth's heavy hitting drums and party tunes. This all stood out in each artist's performances, and the high diversity of each fan base. This is one of the first shows I've been to with such a large white crowd, which is really awesome because the more similarities we have the differences begin to not matter. All in all the show was a blast even though for the first part of us being there we got the run around looking for the perfect spot. Shout outs go to the brother Marks, the main homie Jessie, Timehin and his whole crew, and for Lucy for giving me a reason to come down from the second balcony to witness the last part of Cudi's performance.

Sidenote
The photos of the artists are not of my own of course. I didn't bring my camera from lazyness.

No comments: