That Good Raw Life. Hazardous If Approached Wrong.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Buy List

For any college student that has an extra amount of cash for any reason, and doesn't want to spend it too quick, and to be honest I know what it feels like to spend $50 just on food, and random other snacks and goods from gas stations. It's a similar pain in the butt as constipation after eating a 18oz steak, but far less satisfying in the end because on one hand at least you had a really good steak for maybe like $18; at least it isn't $50.

Another thing as a human being we have wants, and some are of those wants are bound to cost a little bit of mula. One of my many mottos of, "Treat the whole year like ya birthday. If you really want it, buy it.". My father taught me that one, when he came home with a Honda CBR 900, and then again when he bought two more bikes after he got cut off while riding. This isn't a story really about those bikes, but more an example of financial security. I've never seen my dad spend outrageous money, or have too many big purchases so I factored that into the equation as well. So I began writing everything I really wanted down on a list, which helps me save for it. Also another good technique in being somewhat cheap is to have the amount of money to buy ten of them, and then only buy one. I'll post up things from the list later.

No comments: