That Good Raw Life. Hazardous If Approached Wrong.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Magazines

Got the new issue of Antenna in the mail today, and was treated to the basically the same goodness from previous issues with well written articles, and witty commentary articles about certain subjects(one writer referred to pills as a person they were having an affair with the whole article) and sections filled with nothing but pictures of the material being presented.
This is not the first magazine I've had a addiction to though. This actually started with XXL. I would go to blockbuster with my cousin and uncle to get a new game, and hopefully get the newest issue. This love died down like most first loves do as my tastes in music and clothes branched out to more diverse materials. Also another way of obtaining well put together magazines came from the internet. I haven't put my hand on one page of Vapors, yet I've read at least 3 issues, and one of my favorite online magazines comes from INQMND(Inquiring Mind) . They live by the quality over quantity rule in the amount of articles they release(even though I hate this at times because I become bored easily and need new information constantly). The music selection also helps build the mood around the article which is an amazing idea if I do say so myself. I haven't actually stopped reading XXL all together though. I always find time to read the cover stories if they are intriguing enough for me to pick up. I've actually gotten lost in the writing about The Game in the most recent issue from them to the point that I lost track of time and believed that my mom just forgot about and left me which started a semi frantic walk around wal-mart looking for her while she didn't answer her cell phone like always(why does she even have one if she forgets to turn it on) but I am babbling. What I'm trying to say is I love magazines. Maybe one day you will be reading something that I wrote or something that I edited one day. You never know what greatness I can achieve when I actually put my mind to it.


Thanks for reading
Peace

No comments: