That Good Raw Life. Hazardous If Approached Wrong.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Apache Cafe Delivers


No I'm not talking about food delivery. Instead I'm talking about how they deliver with great great shows. Sure it was double what it usually is, but it was well, well worth it. First of all if any readers have never been able to go to the Apache Cafe on a Tuesday night with some good friends, you are truly missing out on something. The atmosphere is so much better than that of a regular 18+ club, which I'm sure many of us have been to, and paid ridiculous prices for something that you can get for free. Instead, the good people at Apache and I DO MUSIC keep it real with sick cyphers, crazy battles, and good performances, but last night all the patrons got a hell of a surprise for their 1st anniversary. Everyone already knew Raekwon The Chef was gonna go on stage and tear it down with the general attitude of any Wu member. Yes, I did just say Raekwon The Chef, Ice Water himself, but before the show even got started it was let known what new school heat was in the building with the announcement that Bobby Ray, a.k.a. B.o.B., and Mickey Facts, a.k.a. Mr. Incredible was gonna get on stage later in the night and rip the stage with some great masterful freestyles. They did not disappoint in the least. 

And then the main event started around 12:45 or something like that. I don't really gotta explain how real that was while I was sitting on top of a speaker in the back of the club throwing up the W. Too bad I didn't have the camera, but sometimes not carrying that thing around, and just basking in the moment and letting your memory do the remembering is a great thing. I'm sure there will be some photos up on the intertube eventually. 

P.S.
Shout out to Marks and Jessie for rolling with me. Dread head crew get down.

No comments: